I can't go as far as adding him to my best-dressed list, but maybe if he hires me as his stylist he'll end up on a few sooner than later:-)
Now his sagging is still crazy and un-called for, but this is better than attire that looks just look jail apparel.
The day/episode begins with sports, and they play the gentleman’s sport- cricket. The drama with Kesan and D-Boy continues…
A true gentleman doesn’t just play to win, he plays with honor. A gentleman shows respect for teammates, opponents, and officials and take responsibility for your actions.
World class cricket player David Sentance was the special guest. He’s the author of “Cricket in America: 1710-2000″. Side note: I was feeling the seer sucker jacket Fonzworth rocked during the cricket game and the floral tie.
2 Captains, Kesan and D-boy and they play street ball with “real hood gs”- just seemed like more bad actors to me, lol. D-Boy’s team lost with a score of 7:3 and Kesan teams looses 11:0. Though D-Boy’s team scored more points, Kesan’s team had better etiquettes during the game so they won.
Cee, D-boy, and J-Boogie were up for elimination and in the end J-Boogie goes home.
I liked Fonzworth’s jacket, tie, and short combo at elimination- a black velvet jacket with wine colored shirt and tie. His purple shirt had a nice wide spread collar. That’s actually one of my favorite types of collars.
Sometimes its cool to just look at photos of well-dressed people. Check out these pics of these stars from events over the past few weeks.
Usher‘s Camp New Look at the Ferst Center for the Arts
1. Aviator shades.
They’re an instant swagger booster.
2. One pair of designer jeans.
Navy, blue, or black and it should have a good fit.
4. A pair of Jordans or your favorite popular sneaker.
My motto is: everybody needs atleast one pair of J’s in their lifetime. But you can rock your favs as long as they’re sickening!
5. Fitted hat that reps your city.
I personally encourage an A’s fitted.
6.Fresh white sneakers.
You must have a fresh pair of white kicks, they instantly brighten up any outfit.
7. A trendy item.
At the moment that would be something like an arab scarf or a vest.
The Essentials of Cool…
Navy blazers are perfect, they’re preppy yet grown and sexy. Plus navy blazers often match with outfits the best because you can easily dress it up or down- preppy, urban, or professional.
2. Calvin Klein v-neck tshirt
They feel and fit great. It’s a great t-shirt that you could wear under neath a navy blazer or by itself. Great for a night in the club or afternoon in the park with your boo:-)
3. Red Converse
It’s just a standard, all the men with swagger rock em from Usher to Diddy to Nascar drivers and famous athletes- you just gotta have a pair.
5. Bold-colored Lacoste Polo
Lacoste is the original polo shirt, it Always looks good and fits great… that little green alligator just makes you look better. A bright color is modern, edgy, and shows confidence.
6. Generic Gold Watch or Plastic Casio Watch
They’re a must have accessory for every stylish guy.
7. Black Framed Glasses
You don’ have to need glasses to wear them . Black framed glasses are just really cool and they can make you look completely different in a good way.
8. Gray or Brown New Era Fitted Hat
Gray and brown are the “other neutrals” they match good with any color and they look edgier than white or black.
9. White High-Top Pumas
One thing my brothers taught me is that you can never go wrong with high-top white pumas, they just naturally look fly. To be honest, you can’t go wrong with any color high-top Puma.
10. Something signature Kanye, Lupe, or Pharrell
They’re at the top of the style charts, so it’s always cool to have something they rock on a regular like a coin wallet with a chain.
11. Baby Milo Shirt
I don’t think your whole wardrobe should be A Bathing Ape, but one Baby Milo shirt is needed for a little street cred.
12. Creative Recreation
They’re original, unique, and have the sickest color combination. Creative Reaction Shoes make you look instantaneously edgy.
13. Your Signature Cologne
Everyone has a scent and it’s important that yours smells good.
14. Most Importantly- Something That’s Signature You
On the weekends I try to give you gentlemen different type of advice… something that is applicable to the weekends. Topics over the past few weeks:
And this week: Date Night With Your Lady
Here are some really fun, cute, inexpensive (and kinda expensive) dates you can have with your lady:
1. Dinner & a Movie (yaaaawn)
2. Chinese Take-Out in the Park
3. Roof-top Sunrise
4. Cartoons and Junk Food
5. Salsa Lessons
This is always fun, if you haven’t done it then you need to. Google salsa clubs or salsa lessons given in your area, then setup a time to go. You could make it into a complete Latin night by taking her to a tasty Spanish restaurant after the lessons.
6. Jazz Night
Jazz nights are the best! They make you feel “grown & sexy” (yes I know that phrase is dead, lol, but it’s appropriate for this sentence). Every city has Jazz Nights- it may be at a restaurant, museum, club- just find out where and make sure you go. If you’re from Atlanta I highly recommend Jazz at the High Museum (every 3rd Friday).
7. Unique Restaurant
Everyone goes out to eat, it’s just a basic for the whole dating thing. But for your special chick switch it up by taking her to a unique restaurant. Like a house that was turned into a restaurant or a themed restaurant- just somewhere really different and new.
8. Get-a-way In the City
One of the most romantic dates is when you “get-a-way” in the city. Choose a really elegant hotel and book a room for a night. Order room service, watch movies, give each other massages and just get it on!
At the end of the day, it’s all about thinking outside the box- have fun and be sporadic! Do things that make you both happy:-)
This is a topic that half you may be pros in while the other half are amateurs. Tying a tie is a basic that every Gentleman, especially an Urban Gentleman, should know how to do.
1. Windsor Knot
The Windsor Knot is a thick, wide and triangular tie knot that projects confidence. It would therefore be your knot of choice for presentations, job interviews, courtroom appearances etc. It is best suited for spread collar shirts and it’s actually quite easy to do.
While just about everyone can use this tie knot to tie his tie, it looks especially well on men with longer necks as its wide form shortens the perceived height of the neck a little bit.
1) The wide end “W” should extend about 12 inches below the
narrow end “N”. Cross the wide end “W” over the narrow end “N”
2) Bring the wide end “W” up through the loop between the collar and your tie; then back down.
3) Pull the wide end “W” underneath the narrow end “N” and to the right, back through the loop and to the right again so that the wide end “W” is inside out.
4) Bring the wide end “W” across the front from right to left.
5) Pull the wide end “W” up through the loop again.
6) Bring the wide end “W” down through the knot in front.
7) Using both hands, tighten the knot carefully and draw it up to the collar.
2. Half Windsor Knot
The Half Windsor Knot, a modest version of the Windsor Knot, is a symmetrical and triangular tie knot that you can use with any dress shirt. It works best with somewhat wider ties made from light to medium fabrics.
To tie the Half Windsor Knot, select a tie of your choice and stand in front of a mirror. Then simply follow the steps below:
1) The wide end “W” should extend about 12 inches below the narrow end “N”. Cross the wide end “W” over the narrow end “N”.
2) Bring the wide end “W” around and behind the narrow end “N”.
3) Bring the wide end “W” up.
4) Pull the wide end “W” through the loop.
5) Bring the wide end “W” around front, over the narrow end “N” from right to left.
6) Again, bring the wide end “W” up and through the loop.
7) Bring the wide end “W” down through the knot in front.
Using both hands, tighten the knot carefully and draw it up to the collar.
3. Bow Tie Knot
The Bow Tie Knot is used to tie a bow tie and is worn to give you a formal and elegant appearance. A “black tie occasion” such as a wedding is an event that you would commonly wear a bow tie at, along with a tuxedo.
The proper size should never be broader than the widest part of your neck and should never extend past the tips of the shirt collar.
1) Place the bow tie around your neck, situating it so that end “A” is about two inches longer than end “B”.
2) Cross end “A” over end “B”.
3) Bring end “A” up and under the loop.
4) Now double end “B” over itself to form the front base loop of the bow tie.
5) Loop end “A” over the center of the loop you just formed.
6) Holding everything in place, double end “A” back on itself and poke it through the loop behind the bow tie.
7) Adjust the bow tie by tugging at the ends of it and straightening the center knot.
*courtesy of howtotieatie.net