To Get The Look: braces (suspenders), boots, jeans, flat front khakis, flannel jackets, khaki blazers, vests, corduroy pants, and clothing that reminds you of “the working man” throughout the early 1900’s.
Designers for the Look: D&G, Adam Kimmel, Z Zegna, Club Monaco/J.Crew
Urban Gent Comments: Very doable, very cool. This style is better for someone who exudes confidence… because not everybody can pull off seemingly wearing the same thing a few days in row.
To Get The Look: very slightly fitted graphic tees, denim jeans, sneakers/trainers, trendy book bag, wayfarer shades, bright colored “saggy skinny” jeans, converse, aviators, vans, fitted hats
Urban Gent Comments: I suggest only buying a few items that fit this trend because it’s not for everyone. Maybe a jacket and a scarf…
To Get The Look: jackets w/ fur collars, heavy sweaters, bright colored scarves, vest, fall colored suede pants, and any type clothing that makes you think “Russian Empire”
Designers for the Look: Ermenegildo Zegna,Gucci, D-squared
To Get The Look: dark denim, bright colored shirts, colored fitted jeans, v-neck shirts, gold jewelry, pumas, jordans, thrift store finds, blazers, sandel-oxfords, vest, fanny pack/book bag
Designers for the look: American Apparel, Gap, LRG, Creative Reaction
This look builds upon the preppy look that has swept our nation by storm. But instead of being so stereotypically preppy this new trend focuses on the idea that “less is more”. The 1950’s is the era the emulates this look with perfection.
Urban Gent Comments: This is one of my favorite fall fashion trends. If you follow it you will certainly be the cleanest lad on the block. The trend is also great because the clothing is classic and will never go out of style.
To Get The Look: trousers, blue & white collar shirts (w/ collar stays), heather-grey coloured clothing, lace-up dress shoes, pea coats, trench-coats, eye-glasses, tie-clips, neutral colored ties (regular, skinny, and bow-ties), and anything that looks like it would be worn on the set of Happy Days or The Great Debaters.
Designers for the look: Ralph Lauren, Junya Watanabe, Tom Ford, Michael Kors, DKNY
Designers for the look: Gucci, D&G, Dr.Romanelli
Best Designer for this seasons Trends: Dsquared
Designers Dean and Dan do the best job of combining all of
the seasons trends from the “Russian Look” to
“The Jacket Fanatic” to “The Blue Collar Worker”.
He’s young, fresh, and cool. Hip-hop singer Chris Brown does the best job of displaying this season’s trends when on and off the red-carpet.
1. Arab Scarf- yes, it’s still in.
2. Glasses– you MUST have the ability to look intellectual at a moment’s notice.
3. Boldly Colored Fitted Jeans– Lil’Weezy, Chris Brown, Kanye West- they ALL rock em
4. Unique Jacket– it makes getting ready so easy- jeans, t-shirt, and a superTight jacket.
5. Gold Jewelry– if you still haven’t gotten a gold watch or gold chain you need to cop one.
(side note: Gaudy gold is slightly played, so your gold jewelry shouldn’t look costume)
*Exclusive Urban Gentleman Trends
The Urban Gentleman
- 01/18/2016 • GET THE LOOK: Wax Jackets, Red Wing Boots, Nude Fedoras and Other Early 1900s Inspired American Men’s Style
- 12/08/2015 • The Urban Gentleman for American Express: AMEX ESSENTIALS
- 10/28/2015 • A Man’s Winter Staple: Camel Hair and Wool Sweater by Jeffrey Rudes
- 10/26/2015 • The Man in Cashmere: Naadam and Three Types of Sweaters for Men
- Men’s Trend Anaylsis: 2008-2011 | The Urban Gentleman | Men's Fashion Blog | Men's Grooming | Men's Style