As of Wednesday November 26, 2008:
1. Boots are to be worn over your pants. I know it used to be a common sight only among the woman-folk, but now men do it with so much swagger and like I love to say “it goes so hard”.
2. Gold shoes are what’s haute. And not just gold-ish shoes, but outright GOLD shoes are slowly making there way from the underground fashion circuits to runways- oh, and they should preferably be lace-ups. Every once in awhile when I head to Parson’s or as I’m walking through the East Village I’ll see a twinkle on the ground and I’ll spot a pair of gold shoes. Or when I’m headed back to the work in the fashion district I’ll see a very beat guy or gal rockin’ a pair.
3. Yes wayfarer shades are still in and they’ll be around for awhile. You’ll see them in a variety of colors, sheens, and designs…. but no matter how much designers dress them up they will still essentially be wayfarers.
4. If you thought thick framed glasses was as nerdy as it was going to get- you were wrong. Thanks to designers like Thom Brown- high watered pants are so acceptable. You can love it or hate it, but if you live in a hauteTrot place like New York, Paris, or London then you will be seeing this in full effect.
5. The arab scarf has been unofficially replaced by plaid scarves.
(well not so much replaced, but plaid scarves are the shyt these days)