Being polished, being perfect, being well-groomed– these are the makings of a conservative man. He gets his haircut every week, he gets his shoes shined, he opens the door for a lady, he knows to undo the lower button on his 2-button suit jacket when sitting down, and to just as quickly button it up as he stands. This, is the man that women dream of.
Editors notes: There has been so many colors, so many styles, so many… well, there is just so much going on with men’s fashion these days. You have guys bringing back the eye-catching hairstyles, the cross colors, the bright plaids, and much more. So this, Conservative Dapper, is like a break, a relaxing break from it all. It’s a return to simpler, easier, classic times. This is my favorite trend for the fall and winter.
To get the look: Trench coats, suits, crisp white button downs, tip-clips, white pocket squares, perfectly polished lace-ups.
Hard times call for drastic measures. Some people are recession proofing their lives literally, while others are taking the figurative route. This means roughing up the wardrobe, showing the world that “you got this”, you’re hard and you know it, you’re tough and a few troubles really don’t phase you.
Editors notes: To me this look is like Pony Boy meets Michael Jackson. You take the main edginess and ruggedness from the guys of the Outsiders and mix it with the jeweled/metallic/shiny/studded MJ from his “Bad era”. The late world icon has inspired alot of us this year and this trend is where his inspiration is placed for the fall and winter.
To get the look: Torn/ripped/worn jeans, leather jackets, studded everything- shirts, shoes, accessories, jackets, white t-shirts.
The men of the world are pleased with the fashions they have been dealt over the past year or so; therefore many of them have decided to just combine what they have learned. They mix their military jackets with their nerdish glasses, they combine their college cool tees with their Thom Browne inspired pants and oxford shoes. This season many guys are opting to be fashion connoisseurs, their phrase “we collect fashion, we create style”.
To get the look: band-jacket, cardigan, loafers, glasses, graphic tees, harem pants, torn jeans.
Editors Notes: “Ahhh (pleasant sigh of relief)” I feel like I just drank a nice tasty soda pop after being parched for an hour… well not literally, but that’s the feeling I get when I think about this trend- it’s just refreshing. Starting from this summer we saw all the men in Hollywood roughing it on the beaches- letting their beards grow in, chest hairs grow out. They were indirectly telling the world- it’s time to be men again, so let’s continue this trend for the fall. (I was going to make this apart of the summer trends and I did touch on it a bit in some posts, but I knew it would be better placed in Fall/Winter.)
To get the look: dark denim, perfectly fitted suits, ties, elegant and serious fedoras (none of that funny colorful ish), wing-tips, boots, blazers.
Other trends: Band/Military jackets are still at large, v-necks (there’s a boycott against deep v’s though), velvet ( ties, jackets, loafers).
Accessories: tie-clips, brooches/buttons, gold watches, knit ties.
Colors: Grays and dark tones.
Thomas Robinson (aka the guy with two last names).
Take a look at Thomas’s answer on what he does to make it to school, work, or general engagements on time:
2. take the train generally, since i live right next to a station. and i give myself cushion time or the train or shuttle to mess up
3. i prepare everything i need the night before- ironing clothes, lunch, everything… this saves me alot of time in the morning- so all i have to do is get ready and im out the door.
4. eat and exercise daily. this may seem random, but what your health plays a big role in your body functions and its easier for me to wake up now than back in the day 3 or 4 years ago when i would eat pizza chips and soda for dinner. now my dinners are usually fish or turkey, with fruit smoothies and/or huge salads.
5. i make sure my car is always filled up. i fill up my car when its on 1/2 tank- sometimes 3/4th just so i wont ever have to worry. my mom would always be running late when i was young, then shed have to stop and put in gas making her more late- so you can say i learned from her, but i just learned to do the opposite.
6. keep my house, office, car clean and organized. be organized saves time. i know where everything is so im never searching for “my blue and white tie” or “my cologne” etc.
Lots of good post coming next week, in the meantime enjoy a random assortment of music and photos:
(featuring Jon Kortajarena).
Tom’s collection is, as always, masculine yet sexy. Modern, yet classic.
Have a great weekend guys.
To enter to win, go here.