1. Gentleman: A Timeless Guide to Fashion by Bernhard Roetzel
This book is very classic, from the cover, to the photos, to the sections on bowlers and top hats. If you want to know the proper ways to wear certain clothing, where to wear it, and the history of why its worn that way, then Gentleman is the book for you. Written with a focus on the English Gentleman this book is a sort of staple or all-inclusive guide that will last you a lifetime.
Here are two snippets from the book that I enjoyed, click to enlarge:
matching particular materials/fabrics with shoes)
at your local bookstore or HERE.
2. Dressing the Man, Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion by Alan Flusser
Buy it at your local bookstore or HERE.
Other notable books that will help a man class up his wardrobe:
– Esquire The Handbook of Style, more info here.
– The Indispensable Guide to Classic Men’s Clothing, more info here.
– Tom Ford, more info here.
These are books that you can purchase for yourself today and pass down to your nephew, son, or to a friend in the future. They would also make for great stocking stuffers for Christmas or as a just because gift to yourself or someone in need of style and wardrobe help.