This is your official public service announcement of the latest trends. If you’re a regular here at The Urban Gentleman, then you may already know most of these.
As of Friday December 18, 2009:
1. It seems as if summer rolls, can now be called winter cuffs. Cold weather has not deterred those ecstatically dedicated to rolling up their pants. As predicted matching socks warms those cold ankles, the traditional gents stick to their navys, browns, and argyle, while those less than so are opting for patterns and bright happy colors.
2. Denim jackets have made their comeback, but thanks to gents like David Beckham many are choosing to skip the jackets and are opting for denim shirts instead.
3. The stylishly advanced have been wearing plaid shirts for well over a year, and quite frankly, are ready to move on. But the stylishly regular are not ready to let go, but I for one understand– it does look good on them. People need patterns during these not as happy, recession times, so you can expect to see plaid or variations of the plaid for a bit longer.
4. Though with northerners Timbs (aka Timberlands) never went out of vogue, the rest of the world looked at other options in bootwear over these past few years. Well, Timbs (the classic 6-in) are back– for everyone this winter… and with the way certain trends are moving we may be able to expect them to be worn (someway somehow) throughout the spring along with high-top boat shoes.
more trends to come..
- 07/16/2015 • Day 3, Men’s Fashion Week New York: Michael Bastian, Greg Lauren, Backpacks, MCM, and Trends.
- 07/03/2015 • Men’s Fashion Trends: 90s, Boxy Fit, Overalls, Prints
- 05/23/2012 • Men’s Spring Summer 2012 Fashion Trend Style Guide
- 08/09/2011 • The Urban Gent x Kenneth Cole: Winter Black Trend