Okay, so you've had… 1.5 weeks for Week 1 of the T.U.G Fitness Challenge by CoolSculpting.
Now for Week 2…
First things first, "Commit to one or more small fitness/health change". We're going to double up for this weeks change. 1.) drink 10 glasses of water daily. The average water bottle is a little over 16 oz (2 glasses of water), so that means drink 5 bottles of water a day (be sure to recycle). -and- 2.) Be sure to eat 5 or so healthy meals/snacks each day instead of 3 big ones, or one big one. For help with this fitness change take a look at our nutrition info here.
Now for the main stuff, this week's focused workout is to Build Muscle…
3 WORKOUTS to BUILD MUSCLE
WORKOUT #1: Push-Up
(Target: Chest (primary), Triceps (secondary))
1. Assume a prone position on the floor. Keep your feet together.
2. With your arms straight, position your hands flat on the floor directly under your shoulders.
(Your back should be flat and your abs drawn in)
3. Tuck your chin and, leading with your chest, lower your body to the floor.
4. Push yourself back up and repeat.
Some of you may be reading this wondering, are y'all really giving instructions on how to do a push-up? Yes, we're giving instructions on how to do a push-up, why you may ask? Well because push-up is KING. It's one of the best, if not the best total body workouts you can do to not only build muscle and gain strength, but it can expedite the weightloss process. Not to mention alot of folks don't do them properly.
The push-up is an especially great workout for those who are out-of-shape or don't like to workout, as it's the perfect "commercial-break" workout. An easy way to start back working out, if your exercise libido has been low, is to do as many push-ups as you can between commerical breaks. As time goes on you'll be able to do many in short period of time.
WORKOUT #2: Pike Press
(Target: Shoulders (primary), Triceps (secondary))
1. Stand with your feet together. Place your hands flat on the floor directly under your shoulders, forming a upside V with your body
2. Lower your head to the floor directly between your hands. (If your head is in front of your hands, you are too close to being in a push-up position)
3. Push yourself back up and repeat.
(If you are unable to lower your head to the floor, then you can lower it as far as you can and push yourself back up. To add resistance stand on the balls of your feet while doing this exercise or put your feet on a chair.)
WORKOUT #3: Dumbbell Squat
(Target: Quadriceps (Front of Thigh))
1. Stand holding dumbbells at your sides, with your palms facing each other.
2. Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor. (be sure to bend at the knee and NOT the waist. KEEP YOUR BACK STRAIGHT by keeping your eyes on a focal point on the ceiling)
3. Push yourself back up while focusing on pushing through your heels and repeat.
Stayed Tuned for T.U.G x CoolSculpting Fitness Challenge Week 3, next Monday.
In celebration of their new launch and the Fitness Challenge, CoolSculpting has a pretty sweet sweepstakes going on. They're giving away 2 free CoolSculpting treatments ($1500 each), REI giftcards, Fitbit, various workout gear (weights, bands, pull-up bars, etc), Nike AirMax kicks, Men's Fitness subscriptions, and much much more. So be sure to enter, HERE.
Checkout more CoolSculpting details below, and check back in 1 day to get started on our T.U.G Fitness Challenge. CONTINUE READING MORE >>>
What I've learned in all of my studying and research on nutrition is that simple is best, or less information is more. That being said, I never advise clients on caloric intake, but rather STRESS portion control. Truth is most folks either won't keep up with calories for long or just don't want to deal with it at all. The simplest way to put is that you should eat 5 to 6 times a day. Your body needs energy to burn fat, and it also helps to keep your metabolism (the rate at which your body burns fat) high and steady. The less you eat the more your body believes you're starving and it will store energy from the meals you do eat for later, this "energy" is fat.
So if you want to burn fat, EAT, but eat a portion of protein and a portion of carbohydrates for as many meals as possible, and be sure to add a serving of vegetables to at least two of your daily meals. A portion is approximately the size of your closed fist or the palm of your hand. I use the chart below, which comes from Bill Phillips Eating-for-LIFE Program, to keep it really simple.
(click to make larger)
– If you are looking to build muscle, try 1 1/2 – 2 portions of protein for at least two meals, and make high quality protein shakes a part of your snacks.
– You should consume at least 10 cups of water a day (not 8).
– Plan your grocery list and meals in advance. The bulk of your groceries should be from the perimeter of the store and not from the shelves. Shelved food is usually processed and loaded with preservatives. You want to eat your food as close to its natural state as possible.
Chart Close-up below CONTINUE READING MORE >>>
Today we're leaving behind our crazy eating habits and committing to working out on an almost daily basis. Now of course many of you are already hitting the gym 6 days a week, benching 350, walking around swole or lean (whichever you were going for), and you eat damn well for your fitness goals… well, if that's you then maybe you can go even harder during T.U.G's Fitness Challenge Spring 2011. Or even better than that, you can comment/tweet/facebook about your fitness goals, eating habits, and personal workout routines to help others with similar body types and goals.
So here's our T.U.G Fitness Challenge Breakdown again
Starbuck's asked us to create our own custom Frappuccino in celebration of their new "What's Your Mix?" application/competition– which allows you to create a frappuccino anyway you like it. So we created three: "The Urban Gent Classic", "The Urban Gent MochaMint", and "The Urban Gent's Girlfriend"…
The Urban Gent Classic Frappuccino is exactly what a man order's: venti, espresso shot, a mixture of caramel, chocolate, and vanilla– three classic flavors to keep things timeless… just like The Urban Gentleman.
How to order: Venti, Ice, 2%, 1 Shot, 2 Pumps Caramel Syrup, 2 Pumps Mocha Sauce, 1 Pump Vanilla Syrup, Whip Caramel Drizzle Mocha Drizzle, 1 Pump Frappuccino® Roast Frappuccino Blended Drink
We'll also be giving away FIVE (5) $25 Starbucks giftcards. So if you're a frappuccino or Starbucks lover be sure to enter to win. You'll be able Create-Your-Own at Frappuccino.com, then you can order a round for you and your friends with your $25 giftcard. (All the winners will be announced this weekend).
(winners are chosen via random.org
Check out our custom "The Urban Gent MochaMint" and "The Urban Gent's Girlfriend" blends below… CONTINUE READING MORE >>>