Okay, so you've had… 1.5 weeks for Week 1 of the T.U.G Fitness Challenge by CoolSculpting.
Now for Week 2…
First things first, "Commit to one or more small fitness/health change". We're going to double up for this weeks change. 1.) drink 10 glasses of water daily. The average water bottle is a little over 16 oz (2 glasses of water), so that means drink 5 bottles of water a day (be sure to recycle). -and- 2.) Be sure to eat 5 or so healthy meals/snacks each day instead of 3 big ones, or one big one. For help with this fitness change take a look at our nutrition info here.
Now for the main stuff, this week's focused workout is to Build Muscle…
3 WORKOUTS to BUILD MUSCLE
WORKOUT #1: Push-Up
(Target: Chest (primary), Triceps (secondary))
1. Assume a prone position on the floor. Keep your feet together.
2. With your arms straight, position your hands flat on the floor directly under your shoulders.
(Your back should be flat and your abs drawn in)
3. Tuck your chin and, leading with your chest, lower your body to the floor.
4. Push yourself back up and repeat.
Some of you may be reading this wondering, are y'all really giving instructions on how to do a push-up? Yes, we're giving instructions on how to do a push-up, why you may ask? Well because push-up is KING. It's one of the best, if not the best total body workouts you can do to not only build muscle and gain strength, but it can expedite the weightloss process. Not to mention alot of folks don't do them properly.
The push-up is an especially great workout for those who are out-of-shape or don't like to workout, as it's the perfect "commercial-break" workout. An easy way to start back working out, if your exercise libido has been low, is to do as many push-ups as you can between commerical breaks. As time goes on you'll be able to do many in short period of time.
WORKOUT #2: Pike Press
(Target: Shoulders (primary), Triceps (secondary))
1. Stand with your feet together. Place your hands flat on the floor directly under your shoulders, forming a upside V with your body
2. Lower your head to the floor directly between your hands. (If your head is in front of your hands, you are too close to being in a push-up position)
3. Push yourself back up and repeat.
(If you are unable to lower your head to the floor, then you can lower it as far as you can and push yourself back up. To add resistance stand on the balls of your feet while doing this exercise or put your feet on a chair.)
WORKOUT #3: Dumbbell Squat
(Target: Quadriceps (Front of Thigh))
1. Stand holding dumbbells at your sides, with your palms facing each other.
2. Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor. (be sure to bend at the knee and NOT the waist. KEEP YOUR BACK STRAIGHT by keeping your eyes on a focal point on the ceiling)
3. Push yourself back up while focusing on pushing through your heels and repeat.
Stayed Tuned for T.U.G x CoolSculpting Fitness Challenge Week 3, next Monday.
In celebration of their new launch and the Fitness Challenge, CoolSculpting has a pretty sweet sweepstakes going on. They're giving away 2 free CoolSculpting treatments ($1500 each), REI giftcards, Fitbit, various workout gear (weights, bands, pull-up bars, etc), Nike AirMax kicks, Men's Fitness subscriptions, and much much more. So be sure to enter, HERE.
Checkout more CoolSculpting details below, and check back in 1 day to get started on our T.U.G Fitness Challenge.
CoolSculpting by Zeltiq for the T.U.G Fitness Challenge. CoolSculpting is a really unique, Harvard scientist created, "lunch-time" treatment that freezes away stubborn fat, or more specifically "fat cells". So basically, you "coolsculpt" after you've exercised hard, eaten healthy, and still can't seem to get rid of excess belly fat and love handles… which admittedly is a problem for many people. It's safe, patented, and 100% non-invasive (totally opposite of everything here.)
For more information about the offerings in your area go to their website. Price of the treatment ranges, starting around $600 up to about $1500.