This is our final week of the T.U.G Fitness Challenge by CoolSculpting.
So let's recap:
Week 1 Workout: Burn Fat
Fitness Health Change: No more fast food (ex. replace all your burgers and milkshakes for sandwiches and smoothies).
Week 2 Workout: Build Muscle
Fitness Health Change: Drink 10 glasses of water daily -and- eat 5 or so healthy meals/snacks a day instead of just 3 big ones.
So for Week 3 we're going to focus on combination– lose fat/gain muscle workouts.
Fitness Health Change: Be more manual-– meaning…don't always take the elevator take the stairs (get a leg workout in), park a little further away from the store/building (a little extra cardio), if it's not too hot walk home instead of taking the subway, do some yardwork, cut the grass and trim the hedges… basically do things the basic, more manual way, you'd be surprised how many extra calories you can burn and muscle you can gain by doing simple things like this.
3 COMBINATION WORKOUTS
(burn fat and build muscle)
WORKOUT #1: Push-up/Row/T
1. Hold a light pair of dumbbells with your palms facing each other, and get down into the push-up position.
2. Perform a push-up.
3. Pull one dumbbell off the floor and toward your body until your elbow is above your back.
4. Then lift the Dumbbell toward the ceiling while rotating your torso in the same direction so you face the side. (Your body should resemble a T.)
5. Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
· Do 8 to 10 reps.
WORKOUT #2: Push-up/Mountain Climb/Squat Jump
1. Do 10 push-ups
2. Staying in the push-up position bring your feet closer to your head until you body forms an upside down V.
3. Pump your feet and run in place, moving your feet a total of 20 times.
4. Stand up and place your feet shoulders width apart. Bend your legs until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
5. Push yourself back up and jump. Land softly on your feet. Do 10 reps
· Repeat steps 1 through 5 a total of 3 times.
WORKOUT #3: Squat Shoulder Press
1. Stand holding dumbbells at your sides, with your palms facing each other.
2. Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor. (be sure to bend at the knee and NOT the waist. KEEP YOUR BACK STRAIGHT by keeping your eyes on a focal point on the ceiling)
3. As your push yourself up, forcefully pull the weights upward and catch them in front of your shoulders. The weights should roll to your fingers and your elbows should point forward.
4. Stand, (pause.) Press the dumbbells over your head.
5. Lower the weights to the starting position and repeat.
· Do 8 to 10 reps.
In celebration of their new launch and the Fitness Challenge, CoolSculpting has a pretty sweet sweepstakes going on. They're giving away 2 free CoolSculpting treatments ($1500 each), REI giftcards, Fitbit, various workout gear (weights, bands, pull-up bars, etc), Nike AirMax kicks, Men's Fitness subscriptions, and much much more. So be sure to enter, HERE.
Checkout more CoolSculpting details below, and check back in 1 day to get started on our T.U.G Fitness Challenge.
CoolSculpting by Zeltiq for the T.U.G Fitness Challenge. CoolSculpting is a really unique, Harvard scientist created, "lunch-time" treatment that freezes away stubborn fat, or more specifically "fat cells". So basically, you "coolsculpt" after you've exercised hard, eaten healthy, and still can't seem to get rid of excess belly fat and love handles… which admittedly is a problem for many people. It's safe, patented, and 100% non-invasive (totally opposite of everything here.)
For more information about the offerings in your area go to their website. Price of the treatment ranges, starting around $600 up to about $1500.