It's always fun to receive new gadgets from companies, one of our latest is the Samsung Focus from Microsoft.
I must admit– I subconsciously doubt almost every touchscreen phone. It's a bad habit, I know, but I just automatically assume they won't work as quick and effectively as, well, yanno… that other phone with the fruit symbol. But once again my doubts are proven to be unfounded– the Samsung Focus not only has a touchscreen that work darn-near flawlessly, the start up is quick (this means the world to us BB users), and the display screen is bright, clear, and quite gorgeous.
The main differentiating feature that makes the Samsung Focus unique is its navigation. The "windows" or "tile" menu makes navigating easier and faster, allowing you to be updated on everything (messages, Facebook, calls, etc) without having to open and close multiple applications, ergo, you can focus on what matter to you the most. That sounds kinda cliche', but it's true. Other notable features: its light-weight and slim size, Xbox LIVE and Zune integration, and "audience noise reduction" feature for crystal clear calls.
For more Tech specs and to purchase, go here.
Additional Phone Features:
* Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
* Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Connect for free using one of the over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide.
* GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service include audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options. * Digital compass sensor
* 4.0-inch Super-Amoled touchscreen display (480 x 800 pixels) with proximity and light sensors
* Full QWERTY virtual keyboard
* 5-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash gives you a brighter light source for taking photos in less-than-ideal lighting situations.
* HD video capture capabilities (720p)
* Digital media player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+ music formats, and MPEG4, H.264, WMV video.
* FM radio
* Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
* 8 GB internal memory
* Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
* Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
* Access to popular instant messaging services
* Access to personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail)
* MicroUSB port (2.0) * 3.5mm headphone jack
More information, visit windowsphone.com