Gucci Guilty for Men.
The newest fragrance from Gucci is Gucci Guilty Pour Homme. We were big fans of Gucci by Gucci, so we were looking forward to testing out the newest men's scent from The House of Gucci (details/review below). The face of their Gucci by Gucci campaign was James Franco, so for Gucci Guilty they chose yet another Hollywood star, this time Chris Evans (from Fantastic Four, and the highly-anticipated film Captain America: The First Avenger). Check out the Frank Miller (Dark Knight, 300, Sin City) directed Gucci video below:
Thanks to the good folks at Gucci we'll be sponsoring a 5-day Giveaway (yes, everyday this week) of Gucci Guilty Pour Homme…
To win: Follow on Twitter, Fan on Facebook, and/or sign-up for T.U.G Mail. Then simply comment or retweet. And as always the more ways you enter the higher your chances of winning. (winners are chosen via random.org)
TOP NOTES: lemon and lavendar
MIDDLE NOTES: orange flower
BASE NOTES: patchouli and cedar wood
Very detailed notes summary: "The scent seizes hold of the senses with a heady cocktail of invigorating Italian lemon and mandarin with crushed green leaves – evocative of sap rising – and a defiant punch of pink pepper. Its middle motifs persuade like a whispered invitation. The herbal freshness of lavender coils around an aphrodisiac cardamom note – at once stimulating and entrancing – on an unexpectedly tender bed of orange flower and neroli. The patchouli that is the hallmark of all Gucci fragrances is married with cedar and sandal wood gleaming with amber to create a robustly earthy, yet suggestively exotic sensuality of a profound masculinity."
Review: The fragrance opens like many of my favorite colognes with fresh italian lemon, but I think the mix of cedar and sandalwood (from the base note) with the lavendar creates a semi-stark ending for me. That said, once the fragrance lingers for a few minutes it leaves a masculinely fresh scent– which is always a great thing. This strikes me as easy go-to date cologne.
Be sure to enter to win a free bottle in the giveaway!
Winners of the Red Carpet Giveaway:
twitter followers/commenters: Alex Ingram and Andrew Carlson
Please email your address ASAP: info (at) theurbangent.com
*Stay tuned for our daily giveaway this week!
Ever wonder how Hollywood's men prepare for the red carpet? Well, this year their OSCAR-winning grooming routines were assisted by the good folks at The Art of Shaving.
As a leader in luxury men's grooming, The Art of Shaving assisted the likes of Javier Bardem, Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, James Franco, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Darren Aronofsky and David Fincher in preparation for the OSCARS® with a gift of the ultimate in shaving products: The Fusion Chrome Collection ProGlide Power Razor, THE 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE®, and a Royal Shave® Gift Certificate.
Academy Award Best Actor winner Colin Firth
For Hollywood’s biggest night, having the perfect, smooth shave and healthy skin is a “must have” for all the Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor and Best Director nominees– and even the non-nominated Urban Gents can attain “red carpet worthy” grooming routine with The Art of Shaving:
· THE 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE® will transform shaving for OSCAR night, or any other night, from a choir into a luxurious ritual. This aromatherapy-based kit has everything needed for the closest shave possible and healthy skin– a full sized Pre-Shave Oil, Shaving Cream, Badger Hair Shaving Brush, and After-Shave Balm. THE 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE® will prevent razor burn, ingrown hairs, a tough beard and sensitive skin, plus it gives tips for expert shaving technique (retail: $100).
· The Fusion Chrome Collection ProGlide Power Razor combines advanced Gillette technologies with The Art of Shaving quality and craftsmanship for a clean shave that will pass even the strictest red carpet test– Fashion Police. The razor gently micro-pulses to reduce friction and increase glide, while the built-in spotlight helps avoid missing those hard-to-see areas.
· The signature Royal Shave® will have any man will feel like Hollywood Royalty. This indulgent experience combines the concept of traditional barber services with aromatherapy skin treatments, and is performed by expertly trained Master Barbers in the luxurious surroundings of The Art of Shaving Barber Spa (retail: $55).
– THE 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE
And we're not just giving away one, we're giving away two– we want to cover both coast.
HOW TO ENTER: To win The 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE Kit and a signature ROYAL SHAVE: Follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Then retweet about the giveaway and/or comment answer the question and comment below:
– Who was your favorite art of shaving groomed OSCAR nominee? Javier Bardem, Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, James Franco, Jeremy Renner, or Mark Ruffalo. (basically, "who was the most well groomed of the bunch?")
Get more Art of Shaving below:
T.U.G Valentine's Day Giveaways: Dinner On Us (Whole Foods Gift Card) -and- Gift Card of Your Choice
Who doesn't want a perfect home-cooked meal for Valentine's Day? close to no one. And to help you out, we'll be dishing out a Whole Foods gift card to help your prepare (and pay for) that perfect Valentine's Day Dinner. And not only that, we'll also be giving away a gift card of your choosing, yes, of YOUR choosing– so you can choose Amazon.com, or TOMS, or Whole Foods, or Barnes & Noble, or Wine.com, or Teleflora, or… well the list goes on and on. (And the best thing about these giveaways is that giiv can automatically send your winnings, so there won't be much waiting).
There will be two winners: one will win the Whole Foods (or Amazon.com) and the other will win a gift card of their choice.
To win you must comment on this post, comment on our Facebook and/or re-tweet on Twitter. So link to us on your Facebook/Twitter pages, tell all your friends and associates to add us on Facebook and Twitter so that they can win, and just tweet/facebook your heart out…and remember, the more ways you enter the more chances you have to win.
So what is Giiv? It's a mobile gifting site that lets you text gifts instantly to anyone, anytime and anywhere. Whether it's a gift card to toms.com or zappos, flowers from Teleflora, chocolates from DeBrand Fine Chocolates, or spa treatments at Exhale Spa, a gift from Giiv is sure to make your valentine smile. The best part? If you forget (it happens!), you can send a gift anytime and it's delivered instantly, so she doesn't have to know you almost messed up and forgot her gift. Oh, and FYI, "there's an app for that", download our iPhone app. Stay Tuned for more Urban Gentleman Giiveaways.