one of my favorites from those who sent in pictures of their presidential style…
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Occupation: Graduate Student
Favorite Quote: Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it. (Colin Powell)
Style Icons: Currently none.
Favorite Brands: Brooks Brothers, H. Stockton
Favorite Store: Currently Brooks Brothers.
Favorite Piece of clothing: Paisley bow tie (Primarily navy blue with red and gold undertones).
Bow-tie or tie: Depends on the occasion but I prefer a bow-tie.
Flat front or pleated pants: Again, depends on the look but most frequently pleated (classic look)
Shades, hat, or scarf: scarf
Description of favorite accessory: Interchangeable watch bands that match bow ties I wear. They are pretty neat, only noticeable to the very observant.
Ultimate career/life goal: Establish and grow a successful multi-national consulting firm, foundation, and hedge fund group.
Favorite Book: Think Big (Benjamin Carson)
Hobbies: Playing tennis or golf, traveling to obscure but beautiful places, speaking with others (about politics, business, and faith), volunteering, jazz sets, UGA football, playing piano and the guitar, listening to old and new music, photography.
2. How did you become so stylish? Where did it come from or who inspired it? I must say throughout the course of my life I admired the men like my father, men who carried themselves with distinction and dressed sharply. I began to see the importance of distinguishing oneself in the journey of life with excellence. Dressing is only part of the equation but it can be a factor that opens doors or closes them whether people acknowledge it or not. I would say my inspiration would be every man that I saw who held their head high and caused people to pause because they were that dapper. Dressing sharp makes me feel great!
Occupation: Student/Exec. Assistant for a national home builder (basic I make copies)
Style Icons: Hands down Kanye West
Favorite Quote: “I am a prince because my Father is the King of kings” -Unknown
Favorite Brands: Creative Recreation, Dsquared, H&M
Favorite Store: Urban Outfitters
Bow tie or tie: Tie
Flat front or pleated: Flat front
Shades, hat, or scarf: All three
Ultimate goal: Mentoring kids, motivational speaker, and to become a well known model.
Favorite Books: “Lilies of the Field” and but of course the Bible (Psalms)
Hobbies: Volunteering, Sleeping, Reading, and working out.
1. How would you describe your style? Kanye West, mixed with John legend. I love to pair Creative Recreations with a dress shirt and a tie and blazer.
2. How did you become so stylish? The area I grew up in, Prince George’s County Maryland (Richest African American county in the U.S.), everyone dresses like they are about to be in a photo shoot, lol. I am inspired by the kids I work with, they have to have a stylish guy to look up to.
3. What advice would you give someone trying to find their personal style? Pick the most random thing in your closet and rock it! Wear stuff that is very very hard to find, limited edition type stuff.
4. What’s the best clothing advice you’ve received? Well I would say to keep a clean shape-up (once every other week). Lastly, Buy a nice pair of hard shoes.