We've given away alot of stuff so far, but today is one of our favorites… it's The American Made Giveaway. Two of our favorite American companies Duluth Pack and Stormy Kromer are giving away something. And the BEST thing about both of these companies is that all of their items have LIFETIME guarantees. So like I stated in our last posting about Duluth Pack… when your vintage-loving great grandchild decides he wants to go through your closest 50 years from now, he can send it in for a free replacement/repair if needed — now that's a warranty.
Stormy Kromer was founded by George "Stormy" Kromer– who was a semi-pro baseball player and railroad engineer. After playing for several baseball teams in the midwest he worked for the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad, and would take long, cold trips across the plains. As stated on their website, "Stormy was an engineer, and to see where he was headed, he had to stick his head out the window — into the wind. Mother Nature stole his cap more than once, and as the story goes, he set out to get her back. In 1903, he asked Ida (his wife and an excellent seamstress) to modify an old baseball cap to help keep it on in windy weather. The all-cloth cap with the soft, canvas visor was a departure from the traditional fedoras of the day, but it was more comfortable and because of it's six-panel fit, it stayed put. Soon other railroad workers wanted one of Stormy Kromer's caps for themselves, and when Ida could no longer keep up with demand, they hired a few employees and the business was born."
Purchase an original Stormy Kromer, here.
And you should know all about Duluth Pack by now, if you don't learn more here. The scout pack is one of our favorite bags because it's classic, has history, and is different from the usual backpacks/rucksacks we see these days. This would make for a great Christmas gift to someone, so be sure to purchase a bag or two here. (order by Wednesday so you can receive the bag by Christmas Eve).
2 readers will be chosen today. To win you must comment on this post, comment on our Facebook, and/or re-tweet on Twitter. Link to us on your Facebook/Twitter pages, and tell all your friends and associates.
Today's winner will receive a holiday red scout pack. And remember our talks of the grand prize last Friday (that includes several items)? Well, Duluth Pack will be giving away one of their classic utility packs in the color of your choosing. So get ready for that…
You know how we love to have the "fun giveaways" on Fridays… So today, we have cellphones. I know you're probably like, "where does this stop… you guys have EVERYTHING, this is amaaaazing!" Lol, well, thank you, you're amazing too, and it does not stop for now. And today, yes, we're actually giving away phones courtesy of Pantech and AT&T.
Urban Gent Review: The Pantech Laser is one of AT&T's newest additions to their lineup — and a quite nice one I may add. The Pantech Laser is indeed touch screen, has the thinnest sliding keyboard on the market (less than 1 inch), and has a display that it quite simply gorgeous – the screen is crystal clear, so everything looks great and is easy to read. The phone's interface is swift and offers alot of customizations/personalization options (I like the classic animated clock). And of course the new Pantech Laser has a music player, camera, video camera, and turn by turn GPS. If you're on the market for a new phone, this just might be the one for you. Watch a demo here and read more details about the key features below:
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via optional AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- Quick Access to social networking sites including AT&T Social Net, Facebook and more
- 3.1-inch touchscreen AMOLED display (480 x 800 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Customizable Menu screens and widgets with three screen menu tabs for contacts, messaging, and favorites.
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- 3-megapixel camera/camcorder with up to 8x digital zoom
- Multi-format music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+ formats
- Bluetooth connectivity includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 150 MB internal memory storage
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video, Mobile E-Mail, and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- Web browser
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, and more
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
Originally $399.99, but now down to $149.99 or $99.99 (w/ contract).
You can purchase the Pantech Laser here, for $99.99 (w/ contract).
We'll be giving away two today (and one next week). Matter of fact, this is probably a good time to tell you that next week we're going to have a mega huge Urban Gentleman Holiday Giveaway, where there will be one grand prize winner that will receive a combination of just about all the other giveaways. We'll go into more details later, but go ahead and tell everyone you know so y'all can prepare to go ham on our Facebook, Twitter, and blog next week.
2 readers will be chosen today. To win you must comment on this post, comment on our Facebook, and/or re-tweet on Twitter. Link to us on your Facebook/Twitter pages, tell all your friends and associates, and tweet/facebook like crazy… These are $400 phones, that you can have for the freeskie, so ready-set-getterdone!
Here's the first 30 winners of the RUMBA watches. The other 20 winners will be chosen from those who entered on here. You 20 will be notified throughout this week and next.
Winners please email info (at) theurbangent (dot) com with your name and address. The subject should read "RUMBA Watch Winner." Email us ASAP please.
Blog: Cuppy (Lyons Alanna), Linos, Ferdie Gonzales, Jay Mobley, Ryan Nieland, Dan T., Gerard v/d Wal, Lap (Keunglw), Brendon Campbell
Twitter: @jcarlos3488, @goldhoneebee, @bobmantooth, @brayanmess, @TFrancis03, @savidgeale, @CaLiiRiiCaN, @KaptainManny, @SuprHero, @mr_randb, @HEEZYoh, @cmckinn02 @kasieokoro @EA_LA_CA
Facebook: Jay Gamble, Jordan Mallard, Adam Morrisey, Adam Clinton Jones, Michael Kearney, Amanda Huyhn, Matt McGarvey
Green Giveaway Winners: 1-Stanley Pointer, 2-Cameron Frazier, 3-David Drummond
Today our giveaway focuses on the essentials– the real essentials.
Grooming and underwear.
MenScience, we love them, their microfine face scrub rocks. So we're giving away 3 MenScience Travel Kits. These kits truly have everything you need, especially for those who are always on the go. Each kit comes with: Advanced Shave Formula, Daily Face Wash, Advanced Face Lotion, Post-Shave Repair, Daily Shampoo, Advanced Deodorant, Advanced Lip Protection, Night Sleep Mask, Advanced Ear Plugs, and Personal Travel Bag.
Kings Underwear. Their focus is on creating supreme undergarments that are better than the rest, they're known in some circles as the "Victoria Secrets for men". All the items are made with comfort, fit, and masculinity in mind. Oh, and did I mention they're made in the good ole USA? Well, they are. Our personal review of their new line of underwear is coming soon, so be on the look out for that, but for now we're going to giveaway a premium package of Kings boxers, socks, and t-shirts… so maybe you can help us review them too.
Kings Underwear Premium Package: any 3 underwear, any 3 premium business socks, 2 pack of under-shirts (any style).
So to re-cap, today's Urban Gentleman Holiday Giveaway:
- One lucky person will be chosen to win the a premium package of Kings Underwear. Just comment below.
Alrighty, get your tweet and comment on.
1. Cologne. A great new scent is always a nice choice.
2. Something that goes along with his favorite hobby. If it’s cooking– new cookware, golfing– new clubs or golf shoes, music– new headphones, etc.
3. Sports paraphernalia. To me this is always the fail-safe option. Men are usually pretty proud of their favorite sports team, especially if its a college team so buying them a a few shirts and a hat will definitely atleast make them smile.
4. Money. Seriously though, you can’t go wrong with money. The money could go towards anything– paying a bill, filling up their gas tank, a new pair of shoes, etc.
Update: Winner of the giftcard is Dionte Sierdeski.
Please be on the lookout for an email about the giveaway in your inbox.
It’s that time of year again, yep Prom season. So that means tuxedos, limos, dinner reservations, and so much more. We have the complete Prom Guide here, and in addition to that we have a $100 Men’s Wearhouse Giftcard to give to one lucky Urban Gentleman reader.
Leave your name and email address.
If you want to increase your chances of winning you can also :
- Subscribe to The Urban Gent (look on the right column)
- Fan us on facebook
- Follow us on blogger and/or twitter
- Tweet about the contest (then tell us you did via “comments”)
The more ways you enter the more chances you have to win.
Ladies, feel free to enter the contest for your boyfriend or prom date.
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner Ken! Have fun at prom.