Nearly 1.1 million men had some type of cosmetic procedure done last year.
What does Kim Kardashian, Heidi Montag, and Nicki Minaj all have in common? Butt implants (obviously some bigger than others, lol), breast implants, nose jobs, lipo, and the list for Heidi and Kim goes on and on and on (and on). So clearly, plastic surgery is relatively common for women, especially when they're trying to be famous, but what about men? Do guys ever go under the knife when they're on the search for fame? Well, that's what I've wondered from time to time. And after being sent numerous emails from the PR offices of plastic surgeons looking to be featured on The Urban Gentleman, I decided hey, why not ask them a bit more about the topic of men and plastic surgery.
The bulk of men may not be looking to pay big bucks for a bigger backside like Kim K. did, but they are paying for other things… A Manhattan plastic surgeon gave us the rundown:
Average number of men who get plastic surgery: 500,000+ every year. "In an average year some thirty-five percent of my patients are male (and that number is increasing). They span all ages and all professions. This is a very large population and represents a cross section of men of a certain socio-economic group in a position to consider cosmetic surgery."
5 popular / common plastic surgery procedures for men: Microsuction of double chin and jowls, liposuction of love handles and belly, removal of enlarged breasts (gynecomastia), removal of lower eyelid bags (blepharoplasty), nose-reshaping (rhinoplasty)
Average costs of those 5 procedures: Between $5,000 and 10,000 depending on what is necessary. Costs can be lower depending on the doctor and location (it's possible to get liposuction for just over $2,000 in some states)
Other common cosmetic procedures for men (average costs): Laser hair removal ($400), hair transplant ($4700), botox ($300), microdermabrasion– removes dead skin ($180), chemical peel ($600), skin-resurfacing– removes damaged or wrinkled skin layer by layer ($1900).
This guy underwent otoplasty— pinning back of the ears.
Top cities where men receive plastic surgery: "New York City, L.A.,and Miami." He also stated that it's more popular in the south than the north, including Texas, buuut I don't know about that. Overall cities that are wealthier and put alot of focus on physical traits have high numbers of men getting some type of procedure.
Most difficult and time-consuming popular men's plastic surgery procedures: "Hardest surgery to do well is nasal refinement, which require a great deal of aesthetic judgment, skill and most of all, experience. The most time consuming is body surgery to tighten skin after significant weight loss. This often involves extensive skin removal and 'tailoring'.”
For years there have been rumors that Jamie Foxx lowered his hairline (via hair transplant)
List of male celebrities with plastic surgery: This particular Manhattan plastic surgeon didn't want to reveal the names of his male patients, but said it included prominent government officials, media moguls, successful businessmen, and entertainers of all sorts. That was waaaay too vague, so I just googled it (of course)…
READ MORE & MORE PHOTOS Below –> CONTINUE READING MORE >>>
Ever wonder how Hollywood's men prepare for the red carpet? Well, this year their OSCAR-winning grooming routines were assisted by the good folks at The Art of Shaving.
As a leader in luxury men's grooming, The Art of Shaving assisted the likes of Javier Bardem, Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, James Franco, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Darren Aronofsky and David Fincher in preparation for the OSCARS® with a gift of the ultimate in shaving products: The Fusion Chrome Collection ProGlide Power Razor, THE 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE®, and a Royal Shave® Gift Certificate.
Academy Award Best Actor winner Colin Firth
For Hollywood’s biggest night, having the perfect, smooth shave and healthy skin is a “must have” for all the Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor and Best Director nominees– and even the non-nominated Urban Gents can attain “red carpet worthy” grooming routine with The Art of Shaving:
· THE 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE® will transform shaving for OSCAR night, or any other night, from a choir into a luxurious ritual. This aromatherapy-based kit has everything needed for the closest shave possible and healthy skin– a full sized Pre-Shave Oil, Shaving Cream, Badger Hair Shaving Brush, and After-Shave Balm. THE 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE® will prevent razor burn, ingrown hairs, a tough beard and sensitive skin, plus it gives tips for expert shaving technique (retail: $100).
· The Fusion Chrome Collection ProGlide Power Razor combines advanced Gillette technologies with The Art of Shaving quality and craftsmanship for a clean shave that will pass even the strictest red carpet test– Fashion Police. The razor gently micro-pulses to reduce friction and increase glide, while the built-in spotlight helps avoid missing those hard-to-see areas.
· The signature Royal Shave® will have any man will feel like Hollywood Royalty. This indulgent experience combines the concept of traditional barber services with aromatherapy skin treatments, and is performed by expertly trained Master Barbers in the luxurious surroundings of The Art of Shaving Barber Spa (retail: $55).
– THE 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE
And we're not just giving away one, we're giving away two– we want to cover both coast.
HOW TO ENTER: To win The 4 Elements of the PERFECT SHAVE Kit and a signature ROYAL SHAVE: Follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Then retweet about the giveaway and/or comment answer the question and comment below:
– Who was your favorite art of shaving groomed OSCAR nominee? Javier Bardem, Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, James Franco, Jeremy Renner, or Mark Ruffalo. (basically, "who was the most well groomed of the bunch?")
Get more Art of Shaving below:
T.U.G Valentine's Day Giveaways are here. All the giveaway items we're going to feature this week will make for great Valentine's Day Gifts for friends, crushes, boyfriends, husbands, or even as a gift to yourself.
To win you must comment on this post, comment on our Facebook and/or re-tweet on Twitter. So link to us on your Facebook/Twitter pages, tell all your friends and associates, and tweet/facebook like crazy… (Ladies, if you win, you can score extra points with your "honeybunch"; and Gentlemen, if you win, you can treat yourself… so at the end of the day, everybody can win!)
Today we'll start with Ultimate Shaving Kits by The Real Shaving Company.
– Hot Towel Mask – a “hot towel” treatment just like from the barber!! Featuring skin-soothing Vitamin E, zinc oxide and tea tree leaf, this mineral clay mask warms, softens, and lifts facial hair for a better shave. (award-winning pre-shave cleaner)
– Face Scrub – formulated with ground walnut shell, this gentle scrub unblocks pores, removing dead skin cells and blackheads, for a closer shave and less irritation.
– Shave Cream – this double-concentrated cream, available in two formulas, provides an extra smooth shave with natural almond and coconut oils that soften and smooth skin and help prevent razor dragging and burns.
– Soothing Balm – this easily absorbed moisturizer includes natural aloe vera, healing comfrey and anti-inflammatory tea tree oil to help condition skin and reduce discomfort and irritation.
We'll be giving away 10 shaving kits total, so your chances of winning are pretty darn high.
Most of the time when men think about updating or simply changing their look, they think about clothes and shoes. But it goes beyond that and can include your hair too. Check out the latest updates in hair cuts from Urban Gents David Beckham and Zac Efron.
Zac attends the 2011 People's Choice Awards.
Zac Efron is consistently switching up his hair cut, and I love it. He hands down does one of the best job of stylishly changing up his hair compared to other famous celebs with his hair type. Zac's new hairstyle is a simple, clean tapered/crew cut, which is very different from his last cut. I wonder if he's playing in an army movie or something? That would possibly explain the total opposite new look.
Zac's mid to end of 2010 hair cut. This was one of my favorite looks from him… with the full beard and mustache — it was very masculine, but in a more polished than scruffy way (which I liked). I honestly thought he would keep this look all winter.
The new cut is very Matt Damon-like, huh?
David sports his new hair cut as he watches the Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Lakers game at the Staples Center
Though we all love the style of David Beckham, I just can't get with his latest hairstyle. The part in the middle with medium length hair on the sides… idk, it doesn't suit him.
The usual David Beckham cut (the one he had for over a year, 2009-2010). This has become a common stylish haircut option for famous entertainers.
The more I look at it, the more it sooorta grows on me. But I just feel like the hairstyle takes away from his look. I guess it's very surfer/California like…. which goes along with him being in Cali. There's also this sorta of satiric English gentleman type thing about it too, and I guess that's the part that is throwing me off.
More Photos Below –> CONTINUE READING MORE >>>