- 2oz White Knight Facial Cleanser: INSTINCT WINNER of BEST FACIAL CLEANER
- White Knight contains essential moisturizing agents to provide necessary hydration while cleansing skin. The white, foaming formula cleanses without stripping the skin of essential oils. SLS-free, Paraben free, no fragrance added.
- 2oz LiquidSand Facial Exfoliator
- 2oz Hydroplane Shave Cream: ESQUIRE WINNER of BEST SHAVE CREAM
- A rich, technologically advanced cream that keeps you looking sharp and feeling cool. This shaving cream cools, heals and conditions the skin with its micro-silicon beads, while natural citrus oils condition, moisturize and purify skin.
- 2oz Fuzzy Logic Shampoo: INSTINCT WINNER of BEST SHAMPOO
- This shampoo contains two DHT blockers (DHT causes hair loss) Menthyl Lactate and Peppermint Oil creating strong, healthy and thick hair. The powerful shampoo also contains Cocamide MEA, which is a coconut-derived cleanser and moisturizer as well as Panthenol, a provitamin conditioner.
- 2oz Cashmere Coat Conditioner: MEN’S HEALTH WINNER of BEST CONDITIONER
- This hair strengthening conditioner is infused with peppermint as well as DHT blockers to restore strength, volume and hydration to keep your hair lookin’ healthy.
- 2oz Illicit Body Wash
- Created after the huge success of the ILLICIT Eau de Parfum, this body wash is infused with citrus bergamot, tea, ivy, ginger and sandalwood. The hemp seed oil softens and sooths the skin while Cocamide MEA, a natural derivative of coconut oil cleans and moisturizes and Vitamin E conditions.
The Urban Gentleman Holiday Giveaway products will make as perfect gifts or stocking stuffers for family and friends– best of all they’re free!
*Leave your name and email address
2. Subscribe to The Urban Gent (look on right column)
3. Fan us on facebook
(and answer the question on the wall or via a message)
4. Tweet about the contest (then tell us you did via “comments”)
5. Follow us on blogger
Any one of the above will do, but the more ways you enter the more chances you have to win. So I suggest atleast commenting on this post then choose any of the other entry ways.
Contest ends Monday, December 14th.
Shampoos, conditioners, and styling gels will come at a later date, besides we've reviewed many of those items in the past. Today, we'll focus on styles.
So here's a collection of men's hair styles, many of them great, some creative, some okay. I know every guy has a different hair texture, but these days with the massive amounts of styling tools and products, most of the hair looks below can be achieved on almost any hair type: curly, straight, or wavy.
This is a looser longer version of the hairstyles above. Also very handsome especially with a little 5'oclock shadow.
In this photo, Zac's hair is also cut short with a side part. But the part is less obvious and the hair is cut in more layers on top, then swept backwards. Also, one of my favorites.
The slightly spiky hair is a staple for most celebrities these days. It's pretty easy to style and maintain without having to go to the barbershop or hair salon. Cut it shorter on the sides, longer in the middle, then use your favorite product to create fun messy spikes. When you're done it's suppose to look like "neat messy bed-hair"– if that makes any sense.
I think I'm just a sucker for classic men's hairstyles because, like Zac, I think John's hair looks the best like this.
1. Men of color/African-American: Curly/wavy hair textures
2. Asian/Pacific-Islander/Indian: Straight/wavy hair textures
3. European-American/Caucasian/Latino: Straight/curly hair textures
Everyone shouldn't attempt to wear this hairstyle. It's take a certain attitude, personality-type, and overall style to successfully pull it off.
You can't go wrong with a mini shaped-up fro and dark taper.
Kanye West (side view)
Kanye West (back view)
Kanye West with artistic swirls cut into his hair.
This design was only on Kanye's left side.
As you can see John's hair is usually the same,
he only makes changes to the thickness of his beard.
Very-low afro-fade, with strategically cut side-burns.
Actor Daniel Henney (from X-Men Origins Wolverine)
Actor James Kyson Lee (from Heroes)
Daniel Dae Kim (from tv show LOST)
I often find that a person's hair looks best when they work with the natural texture of their hair.
Daniel Dae Kim
Kal Penn sports a very subtle faux-hawk.
It's as if the style above just fell.
Keeps his hair long with loose natural curls.
Matt Damon with his usual tapered/crew cut.
Ryan Seacrest is probably one of the originators of the spiked hair trend.
He's had every hairstyle in the book from short crew cuts
to mohawks to faux hawks, as pictured above.
- Los Angeles/San Francisco, CA (tied for first)
- New York, NY
- Boston, MA
- Washington, DC
- Newark, NJ
- Chicago, IL
- Santa Ana-Anaheim, CA
- Miami, FL
- Cambridge, MA
- Nashville, TN
- San Antonio, TX
- Cincinnati, OH
- Charlotte, NC
- Kansas City, MO
- St. Louis, MO
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Jacksonville, FL
- Virginia Beach-Norfolk, VA
- Trying to get the girl by following the old dating playbook is only a numbers game. Throwing out lines until you find someone who responds will only get you your last choice. If you want to get the right girl, you need to really focus on her.
- If you take a girl to a party, don’t abandon her and expect her to fend for herself. Introduce her around proudly. Get her a drink. But don’t feel like you have to babysit her, either.
- Make small gestures to show her that you care — whether it’s sending a sweet text or grabbing a bag of cherries from the corner store because you know how much your girl likes them.
- If the girl in your life would rather cuddle up with a book than with you, odds are you need to take your grooming to the next level. Using products like AXE Sensitive Skin shower gel is a great way to keep your skin clean, smooth and irresistible… just how she likes it.
Be sure to pick up a bottle from a store near you.
The summer of give-a-ways continues… next up an AXE Instinct Grooming Kit.
“The new fragrance is inspired by the scent of rare leathers – think hides worn by primitive hunters to the cool black leather bomber jackets worn by some of America’s biggest pop-culture icons. Developed with the help of world-renown fragrance expert Ann Gottlieb, Instinct includes hints of spicy pink pepper, raw-leather accords and warm pepperwood. It is available in a deodorant bodyspray, shower gel, deodorant stick and antiperspirant stick.“
This is my favorite collection of theirs so far- the dark chocolate was pretty good, the fixer collection was cool, but instinct is a hit. And… check this out, we’re giving away not one, not two, but 10 sets, yesss you read that correctly 10- t e n Axe Instinct Grooming Kits! So this time you will have a GREAT chance of winning! (this would make a nice gift for someone)
To win this AXE Grooming Kit: *fan us on facebook (if you’re on there), leave your name and email in the comment box below (put your addresses in the long/safe format: jack (at) yahoo (dot) com ), and answer this question:
*if you are not on facebook (you can follow us on blogger or on our “coming soon” twitter page)
(there’s no right answer)
Legends in Leather collection at the
Power of Leather launch party for AXE Instinct
that’s the case with Crest Whitesrips.
One of Crest’s teeth whitening kits can cost as little as $20 on sites like amazon or eBay, and that’s probably the amount you spend on lunch for just 2 days maybe 4 if you only spend $5 a meal. Either way, that’s so little compared to how much you can gain from using Crest Whitestrips… you’ll feel a bit better, you’ll look a bit better (or alot), you’ll probably get some compliments. Basically your confidence level should go up (even if only by 5%).
Depending on the health condition of your teeth, I feel the average person should use them every 2 yrs or so. If you have very dull teeth, I would suggest maybe every 6 months for a year, then every 2 years or so. If you take excellent care of your teeth (flossing, brushing, mouth wash every day, twice a day) then I would suggest every 3-4 years. But basically Crest has so many different types now (even daily strips) that you can create a whitening routine that works for you.
I’ve known people to use them every other month– and that is NOT healthy. Yes they had extremely white teeth, but it’s potentially dangerous and could drastically weaken you tooth enamel.
The classic Crest Whitestrips are perfect for those who’ve never used an at-home teeth whitening system. They’re mild, usually the cheapest, and can just about be found any and everywhere. The only drawback is that they don’t stick to your teeth very well, making them a little uncomfortable.
Directions: Use 30 minutes each day for 2 weeks (14 days).
(Purchase Crest Whitestrips Classic HERE)
The premium Crest Whitestrips are perfect for those who want to see quick results and want a whiter smile than the classic will give you. And sometimes these are less expensive than the classic.
Directions: Use 30 minutes twice each day for 1 week (7 days).
(Purchase Crest Whitestrips Premium HERE)
The Advanced Seal.
The advanced seal Crest Whitestrips are the latest product from Crest. These are the best because they hold on tight to your teeth allowing you to multi-task while wearing them (work out, run errands, drink water, etc.) These whiten the teeth like the premium, and you’ll start seeing results within 3 days.
Directions: Use 30 minutes each day for 2 weeks (14 days).
(Purchase Crest Advanced Seal HERE)
The Healthy Radiance & Daily Whitening
Crest Healthy Radiance and Daily Whitening are also newer Crest products and they are ideal for those with sensitive teeth. These are also great for those who just need to do a little teeth whitening maintenance.
If you want to buy them in person I would suggest searching the Sunday paper for a coupon or purchasing a coupon from eBay. (Be cautious of buying the whitening systems on eBay, they seem to carry alot of expired Crest kits). Now some of you may ask, well why are you only highlighting Crest? Aren’t there other great systems? And I answer in one simple word “No”. Lol, I’m just kiddin, look, there probably are some okay systems out there, Rembrant was one of the best back in the day… but Crest is like the Mac of mp3 players- its simply the best.
For more information and for a $7 coupon off Crest Advanced Seal, go HERE.
EDGE Infused (Lotionized Shave Gel)
Edge’s newest line of shave gel designed to go beyond regular shave protection by giving men a noticeably smooth and healthy look with vitamins, anti-oxidants and natural ingredients like Ginseng, Watermint and Witch Hazel.
Urban Gent Review: 3.5/5. Created a nice thick lather. The guys who tried this said it gave them a nice comfortable shave. I like that the shaving gel is lotionized , so it leaves a man’s skin alot softer than other shaving cremes.