- Los Angeles/San Francisco, CA (tied for first)
- New York, NY
- Boston, MA
- Washington, DC
- Newark, NJ
- Chicago, IL
- Santa Ana-Anaheim, CA
- Miami, FL
- Cambridge, MA
- Nashville, TN
- San Antonio, TX
- Cincinnati, OH
- Charlotte, NC
- Kansas City, MO
- St. Louis, MO
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Jacksonville, FL
- Virginia Beach-Norfolk, VA
- Trying to get the girl by following the old dating playbook is only a numbers game. Throwing out lines until you find someone who responds will only get you your last choice. If you want to get the right girl, you need to really focus on her.
- If you take a girl to a party, don’t abandon her and expect her to fend for herself. Introduce her around proudly. Get her a drink. But don’t feel like you have to babysit her, either.
- Make small gestures to show her that you care — whether it’s sending a sweet text or grabbing a bag of cherries from the corner store because you know how much your girl likes them.
- If the girl in your life would rather cuddle up with a book than with you, odds are you need to take your grooming to the next level. Using products like AXE Sensitive Skin shower gel is a great way to keep your skin clean, smooth and irresistible… just how she likes it.
Be sure to pick up a bottle from a store near you.
The summer of give-a-ways continues… next up an AXE Instinct Grooming Kit.
“The new fragrance is inspired by the scent of rare leathers – think hides worn by primitive hunters to the cool black leather bomber jackets worn by some of America’s biggest pop-culture icons. Developed with the help of world-renown fragrance expert Ann Gottlieb, Instinct includes hints of spicy pink pepper, raw-leather accords and warm pepperwood. It is available in a deodorant bodyspray, shower gel, deodorant stick and antiperspirant stick.“
This is my favorite collection of theirs so far- the dark chocolate was pretty good, the fixer collection was cool, but instinct is a hit. And… check this out, we’re giving away not one, not two, but 10 sets, yesss you read that correctly 10- t e n Axe Instinct Grooming Kits! So this time you will have a GREAT chance of winning! (this would make a nice gift for someone)
To win this AXE Grooming Kit: *fan us on facebook (if you’re on there), leave your name and email in the comment box below (put your addresses in the long/safe format: jack (at) yahoo (dot) com ), and answer this question:
*if you are not on facebook (you can follow us on blogger or on our “coming soon” twitter page)
(there’s no right answer)
Legends in Leather collection at the
Power of Leather launch party for AXE Instinct
that’s the case with Crest Whitesrips.
One of Crest’s teeth whitening kits can cost as little as $20 on sites like amazon or eBay, and that’s probably the amount you spend on lunch for just 2 days maybe 4 if you only spend $5 a meal. Either way, that’s so little compared to how much you can gain from using Crest Whitestrips… you’ll feel a bit better, you’ll look a bit better (or alot), you’ll probably get some compliments. Basically your confidence level should go up (even if only by 5%).
Depending on the health condition of your teeth, I feel the average person should use them every 2 yrs or so. If you have very dull teeth, I would suggest maybe every 6 months for a year, then every 2 years or so. If you take excellent care of your teeth (flossing, brushing, mouth wash every day, twice a day) then I would suggest every 3-4 years. But basically Crest has so many different types now (even daily strips) that you can create a whitening routine that works for you.
I’ve known people to use them every other month– and that is NOT healthy. Yes they had extremely white teeth, but it’s potentially dangerous and could drastically weaken you tooth enamel.
The classic Crest Whitestrips are perfect for those who’ve never used an at-home teeth whitening system. They’re mild, usually the cheapest, and can just about be found any and everywhere. The only drawback is that they don’t stick to your teeth very well, making them a little uncomfortable.
Directions: Use 30 minutes each day for 2 weeks (14 days).
(Purchase Crest Whitestrips Classic HERE)
The premium Crest Whitestrips are perfect for those who want to see quick results and want a whiter smile than the classic will give you. And sometimes these are less expensive than the classic.
Directions: Use 30 minutes twice each day for 1 week (7 days).
(Purchase Crest Whitestrips Premium HERE)
The Advanced Seal.
The advanced seal Crest Whitestrips are the latest product from Crest. These are the best because they hold on tight to your teeth allowing you to multi-task while wearing them (work out, run errands, drink water, etc.) These whiten the teeth like the premium, and you’ll start seeing results within 3 days.
Directions: Use 30 minutes each day for 2 weeks (14 days).
(Purchase Crest Advanced Seal HERE)
The Healthy Radiance & Daily Whitening
Crest Healthy Radiance and Daily Whitening are also newer Crest products and they are ideal for those with sensitive teeth. These are also great for those who just need to do a little teeth whitening maintenance.
If you want to buy them in person I would suggest searching the Sunday paper for a coupon or purchasing a coupon from eBay. (Be cautious of buying the whitening systems on eBay, they seem to carry alot of expired Crest kits). Now some of you may ask, well why are you only highlighting Crest? Aren’t there other great systems? And I answer in one simple word “No”. Lol, I’m just kiddin, look, there probably are some okay systems out there, Rembrant was one of the best back in the day… but Crest is like the Mac of mp3 players- its simply the best.
For more information and for a $7 coupon off Crest Advanced Seal, go HERE.
EDGE Infused (Lotionized Shave Gel)
Edge’s newest line of shave gel designed to go beyond regular shave protection by giving men a noticeably smooth and healthy look with vitamins, anti-oxidants and natural ingredients like Ginseng, Watermint and Witch Hazel.
Urban Gent Review: 3.5/5. Created a nice thick lather. The guys who tried this said it gave them a nice comfortable shave. I like that the shaving gel is lotionized , so it leaves a man’s skin alot softer than other shaving cremes.
This cleansing bar seems to be making its way to every gentleman’s shower- the soap smells great, lasts, and has been highly rated since its release.
Anthony Logistics For Men Glycerin Cleansing Bar, $8.50
100% vegetable-based with natural ingredients to
promote healthy skin.
Dove Beauty Bar, $1.35
Nope, it’s not just for women. Many men swear by Dove
The Art of Shaving Tangerine Body Soap, $18
Cleans, purifies and moisturizes with Tangerine essential oil, high in Vitamin C from California, and Kokum butter to nourish and revitalize the skin
Musgo Real Men’s Body Soap, $6.00
Developed for the aristocracy, this men’s soaps has been handmade and stamped in Portugal since 1887. One of the most popular soap amongst real men.
Sexy For Men Soap Bar, $5.00
A new vegan soap to try.
Molton Brown Moisture Rich Aloe & Palm Body Bar, $22
The “multi-tasker soap”- perfect for face, body, and creates the the perfect foam for a great shave. Contains shea butter, aloe vera, palm oil and pure essential oils.
Zest, $1.99 (3 bars)
There’s nothing like being zestfully clean.
Anthony Logistics For Men Mud Scrub Exfoliating Bar, $12.50
Deep Cleansing. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this product is donated to prostate cancer research.
- Head Hair: I just say keep it washed, neat, and clean. Maintain your hairstyle.
- Mustache: Keep it trimmed. If you have a mustache be proud of it… remember that episode of Family Guy where Peter had mustache… too funny, here’s a clip.
- Beard: I feel like even if it’s scruffy, make it neatly scruffy… unless you’re trying out for some kind of role in a movie in which you’re playing a bum, or hippie, or mountain man.
- Nose hair: Keep small clippers, nose hair trimmer, or tweezers around to clip away any hairs that are hanging out of your nose.
- Chest: I don’t think you should really worry about shaving your chest, unless you’re just extremely hairy. Most guys have the right amount of hair here.
- Arm pits: A guy with no pit hair would seem a bit off to me (unless you play a sport in which you needed to be hairless), but with that said I don’t think you should let it get too out of control. I would suggest mildly trimming your pit hairs down maybe about twice a year… it just all depends on how much pit hair you grow and how fast it grows back.
Ways to remove the hair
Alternatives: Waxing, Laser Hair Removal, etc.
Please note: Most African-American males have to put more care into shaving. Here’s some shaving advice for African-American males… (this mainly is for facial hair).
- Applying a shaving lotion after shaving will reduce the appearance of redness. This is also great for women after shaving legs, bikini lines and underarms.
- Be sure to always use a clean blade when shaving with a razor. This can be best achieved by only using new blades and discarding ones that have been previously used three or more times.
- If you use an electric razor, replace the rotary blades or foil after a few months. Of course if you’re required to shave daily, you may have to replace them sooner. This can be a headache since many rotary blade components cost more than half of what the entire razor is worth.
- While shaving with a handheld razor, always shave in the direction of hair growth. Most hair on men’s faces, slant downward, so be sure to shave in that direction. This is also important around the neck areas since shaving against the grain is one of the main causes of pointy, sharp hairs that can burrow back into the skin.
- Don’t stretch your skin while shaving. Pulling your cheeks, chin or neck while shaving in order to get a closer shave, can cause darkness and discoloration of underlying skin tissue. This is especially true for light and fair-skinned Black men who have dark, prominently textured hair.
- Watch what you eat. A lot of skin irritations may subside if certain foods are avoided. Fatty foods, foods containing oils, cholesterol and sodium, can make your skin more susceptible to damage while shaving.
- Give up on razors and use a depilatory. Depilatories work well on most skin, but not on all. They can remove facial hair in a matter of minutes, but just like blade shaving, can cause a bit of irritation and redness. Be careful not to use alcohol-based aftershaves or creams immediately after using a depilatory. Mixing the two is like throwing flames onto your face.
- Grow a beard. This may not be the best solution for those required to shave daily, such as the military and other business professions. But if you can swing it, why not? You will totally eliminate the razor bump worries and ingrown hair issues. Even better, you can get rid of those sharp blades!
More advice (some tips may repeat).
• Always use a sharp razor blade and discard old blades after 4-5 uses. You might think this is excessive, but dull blades force black men to go over the same area of skin again and again, increasing the chances of irritation and improperly cutting hair. This goes for electric razors, too: replace the blades after every few months of use.
• Reduce your number of shaves by shaving every other day. Giving the skin time to heal will allow hairs to grow straight through the skin’s surface, without forcing too-short hairs back into the skin. Frequent shaving too close to the skin will trap hairs inside the follicles.
• Exfoliate! Exfoliating with a gentle scrub removes the top layer of dead cells and allows hairs to grow out more easily. It also helps soften skin, clears pores and evens out patchy skin tones.
• Many African-American men benefit from using a single-blade razor, or a DE razor. One doctor said, “I highly dissuade patients who suffer from razor bumps from using triple or quadruple blade razor systems. The closer the shave, the worse the razor bumps will be.”
• Always shave in the direction of hair growth. While shaving upward seems to give a closer shave, shaving in the hair’s direction reduces irritation and the likelihood of hairs growing back into the skin. Don’t pull skin taut when shaving since this can also cause ingrown hairs to form.
• Soften hairs before shaving by massaging warm water into the beard area and then applying a professional-grade, highly-lubricating shave creme. Allow it to sit on the face for a minute or two to completely coat hairs before shaving.
• Follow a shave with an after-shave solution that contains hydrating ingredients like aloe, witch hazel and tea tree extract like a post-shave repair creme to cut down on redness and discomfort. Stay away from products that contain alcohol since this can dry skin out and provoke an ashy appearance in black skin.
• Resist the urge to simply pluck ingrown hairs out. A new hair will just grow again, and you’ll be facing the same exact problem.
• Most importantly, take your time when shaving. Everyone’s been guilty of the 30-second shave on Monday morning, but shaving slowly and with care can dramatically reduce nicks, cuts and abrasions that can aggravate razor bumps.
• If you find that you are suffering from severe cases of inflammation or razor bumps, talk to your doctor or dermatologist. You may be a candidate for electrolysis (a low-level current is used to destroy follicles) or skin depilatories (chemical creams that soften and minimize growth).tips via menscience and mybrotha
Don’t forget to moisturize as well- especially in the winter.