One of my favorite parts of the ceremony was when one of the two Valedictorians, Joshua Lamar Harris, spoke– he was outstanding. (the other Valedictorian Anthony Connell Roberts did well too).
The person recording was only able to capture the tail end of his speech because, quite frankly, they (and I) didn’t realize it would end up being so good…. but if any one has the entire thing please email me
Morehouse College 2009 Graduation: Valedictorian Speech from The Urban Gentleman.
I love all the ad-libs in the background, so funny!
High School and College!
Andre Benjamin can often be found looking Morehouse Fresh, showing that you don’t have to attend Morehouse to dress the part. His new fashion line, Benjamin Bixby, is perfectly Morehouse Fresh. Check out some of his pieces:
Wanna be Morehouse Fresh?
Well, the best way to get the look is to make sure you own 2 or more of these items:
– unique classic blazer (ex. brown jacket w/ navy elbow patches)
– vest (button and sweater)
– bow-tie or classic-colored tie
– quality oxford shoes
– a designer accessory (Armani shades, Gucci belt, LV computer case, etc)
– glasses (they can be fake. . . you can get some from Urban Outfitters, this is optional)
– Ralph Lauren
– Brooks Brothers
– Heritage 1981
– High-End Thrift Stores
(these can easily be dresses up or down)
*Note that not all Morehouse men dress “Morehouse Fresh”