This week we're going to mainly focus on grooming. We'll be reviewing 1-2 products per day starting with the more attainable brands to the luxury brands. We'll also try to review a few colognes as well (though they may have to wait until next week). So be sure to be ready with your opinions on the products we cover. (3 Urban Gent with similar skintypes have reviewed the products).
Axe Music is from Axe's latest line-up of products. We've reviewed much of their stuff in the past and as everyone can tell each set has a different theme… this time Music, particularly Rock Music.
Urban Gent Review: The main thing that changes in different AXE collections is the fragrance which is inspired by the theme. In AXE Music you'll smell scents of leather and wood, two typical rocker scents (atleast the leather is). If you're an avid AXE product user, it doesn't hurt to try out their new deodorant bodyspray and revitalizing shower gel. You can get the Axe Music Line, here.
Neutrogena has a men's skincare line, and recently they've released a sensitive skincare line that has "Pro-soothe Technology". Pro-Soothe technology is a unique combination of naturally derived ingredients, soothes, heals, and moisturizes dry, sensitive skin.
3 Main products in this line:
Shave Creme: Helps prevent irritation as a result of shaving
Oil-Free Moisture: Oil free non-greasy formula protects and heals with SPF 30.
Post Shave Balm: Heals and protects sensitive skin
Urban Gent Review: Neutrogena is a trusted brand anyway, so its no surprise that the products works pretty good. The soothing and calming, and the products "healing powers" are pretty much felt. If you have sensitive skin and are on the market for a new line of shaving products, it's worth giving Neutrogena Sensitive Skin a whirl. Also, If you are one of those guys that just uses plain soap to shave (I know there's some of you out there) then this is a nice product to start with (they also have a line for regular skin). You can get the Neutrogena for Men, here.
Deemed, "The Future of Shaving", Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D is the latest "great one" in the world of men's shaving and grooming. The SensoTouch's design makes it simple to use, with an easy grip handle and touch screen interface… yeah, I know, crazy right? lol. The easy grip gives you enhanced control and the touch screen interface shows the remaining battery capacity and charging status. This shaver really is a beaut…
Check out the 3 main features:
· GyroFlex is the distinctive three-dimensional component that allows the shaver to perfectly follow the unique contours of the face. It ensures that minimum pressure is needed so that the shaver delivers a close shave without skin irritation.
· UltraTrack is the new innovative shaver head that pivots around, tilts inward, and flexes outward to adjust seamlessly to every curve of the face and neck, facilitating a faster shave and closeness which also minimizes pressure and irritation. Whether there’s stubble or problem-causing longer hair that can lie flat against the skin, UltraTrack captures all hair by using three specialized shaving tracks: slots for normal hairs, channels for long hairs and holes for short stubble.
· The SkinGlide system reduces pressure and therefore irritation by combining a smooth flat surface with rounded edges to glide smoothly over the skin. The Aquatec sealing enables the use of shaving gel for additional skin protection.
Get the shaver and read more reviews, here: Philips Norelco 1250 SensoTouch 3d Electric Shaver
There's so many headphones out there these days, so it's hard to know which ones to purchase. We did a review of few in the Best Headphones article last year, and today we want to add one more to the list.
V-MODA Crossfade LP. I've been using these for about 2.5 months ( they came out in July for $249.99), and they have yet to disappoint. The styling is on point, they're comfortable (I can wear them for hours), and the sound is crystal clear. From what I've been told these are the preferred headphones by Apple employees and they're better quality than Beats by Dre. (More info and photos below:)
TOP NOTES: Saffron, Mandarin, Nutmeg
MID NOTES: Spiced Wood Accord, Green Fig, Cistus
*Leave your name and email address
1. Answer the question: What do you want for Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa?
2. Subscribe to The Urban Gent (look on right column)
3. Fan us on facebook
(and answer the question on the wall or via a message)
4. Tweet about the contest (then tell us you did via “comments”)
5. Follow us on blogger
Any one of the above will do, but the more ways you enter the more chances you have to win. So I suggest atleast commenting on this post then choose any of the other entry ways.
Contest ends Sunday, December 20th.
EDGE Infused (Lotionized Shave Gel)
Edge’s newest line of shave gel designed to go beyond regular shave protection by giving men a noticeably smooth and healthy look with vitamins, anti-oxidants and natural ingredients like Ginseng, Watermint and Witch Hazel.
Urban Gent Review: 3.5/5. Created a nice thick lather. The guys who tried this said it gave them a nice comfortable shave. I like that the shaving gel is lotionized , so it leaves a man’s skin alot softer than other shaving cremes.